Wednesday, February 6, 2008

We've Moved!

We've been in our new house for a month now and are gradually getting things in order. When we were in the apartment, I wrote about how I missed the wind chimes that hung on the back of my two other houses. Well, look here...and, in this one month, we've had lots of weather changes--from 80 degrees to freezing and back again several times. I've often heard the sound of the chimes, and, not only do they tell me the weather's changing, they also whisper, "You're home!"

And, look who's hiding out in her cozy spot. Our house came with a dog! We bought my daughter's house, and Brittany, my son-in-law's hunting dog and the boys' pet, stayed behind. Their new house isn't set up for a dog yet, so we have joint custody. Brittany loves to run the three acres here, pointing at squirrels and birds, that is, in sunny weather. When I hear the tinkling of the wind chimes, the next sound I expect to hear is her scratching nervously at the door. She's terrified of thunder and bad weather--post-traumatic stress as a result of the house fire she survived two years ago. As you can see, she has it made when I'm home on cold, rainy afternoons.



This is our house. Living in the country has a different feel. Of course, I go to "town" a few times a week--it has always aggravated me when people say they go to "town" when "town" is one interstate exit away!



I had hoped the picture wouldn't show that the dormers haven't yet been painted, but it does. Nonetheless, we're making progress!


1 comment:

jennifer said...

Brittany looks very happy. Thanks for being so good to her.