Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Treasure in Heaven

Joel Stockstill's young wife died last night. My heart is broken even though didn't know her. I remember Joel as a school boy. When I heard he was married, I remember thinking that his young wife must have had to consider his medical problems and deal with fear that she would lose him. It brings home that we just never know how many years we are given on the earth or who will go to heaven first.

I hurt for Larry and Melanie, too, because, not only did they lose a precious daughter, they also have to watch their son suffer. I pray for Amy's parents as well.

I certainly don't understand. I don't believe that the devil can do anything that God does not allow. The Bible says that it was ordained before the foundation of the world how many years each person will live--Psalm 139:16 "In Your book were written all the days that were ordained for me when as yet there was not one of them." On the other hand, we are told to fight the devil--he comes to steal, kill and destroy, and we know God does heal physical bodies. How it all fits together--I don't know. I don't quess anyone does. I do know that I need to learn more and more to live my life in light of eternity.

I remember hearing that when a person goes before us to heaven, they become a "treasure in heaven" waiting for us.

No comments: