Sunday, February 3, 2008

January's Over!


January has always been my least favorite month. The after-Christmas letdown blues hit. Christmas bills flood in. Days are short, cold and dreary. As a young mother, I thought we'd never get back outdoors! One child would get sick and pass it around to the others. One year it was the flu. The next, chicken pox grounded us for weeks. When I was a teacher, January meant indoor recesses with crazed four year olds. During my paralegal years, I rushed out of the office at five o'clock, hoping to reach the downtown parking lot before darkness fell. It seemed I never saw daylight.

But January has redeemed itself for me! Last January 25, our youngest grandchild was born, making January the most exciting month of 2007. This year we celebrated his first birthday. I'm still glad January is over. In the South, that means that spring is near, but January looks much brighter to me now. Happy Birthday, Rylan! Thanks for redeeming January for me!



1 comment:

jennifer said...

Cute post. I'm glad you're back.