Monday, August 2, 2021

For His Glory

 


Why write?

Why write when no one reads?

Why tell my story when it’s nothing special?

I’ve asked myself many times.

The answer: for His glory!

To give God glory is to give an accurate representation of who he is! To give the correct opinion or estimate. To reflect his beauty and magnificence. To convey a sense of brilliance or radiance.

As immeasurable as the vastness of the galaxy, is the minutia of the microscopic world.  Somewhere in between, a huge God stepped down into the business of one shy little girl and revealed himself.  Psalm 139 tells us that the sum of God’s thoughts toward me is vast! Toward ME!

In order to be a writer, we are told we must “build an online presence” because publishers won’t even read your work without it. Maybe not, but God will. Of that I am sure.

“The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.”

Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.” Ps 19:1-2

Maybe I’ll take the heavens as my example and say “right back atcha.” 

John wrote in his gospel “And there are also many other things which Jesus did, which if they were written in detail, I suppose that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.”  To all that has been written, I can add my words about all he has done in my life.  To accurately represent who he is.  For his glory!


No comments: