Tuesday, May 17, 2016

The Least One - Part 3 - More Fulfillment


Does this look like my study area? Lots of Bibles, books, journals and notebooks? Very familiar ...but neater than mine!

Not mine - but Madelyn's.  Yes, she's a girl after my own heart -- my heart for God, that is! 

Soulmates



I'm learning that my blog posts have to be narrowed down and shortened if I'm to make a point, but my week with Madelyn also belongs in the "fulfillment" category.

My first granddaughter! Madelyn and I have studied the Bible together via Facetime and shared many long talks. We have watched movies and read the same books. How could a sixteen year old be so wise? She ALWAYS "gets" it! She gets me! Both are us are introverts, but our love for God's Word has bonded us beyond temperament or personality. Beyond genetics. Across the miles! For eternity! 

On Saturday before Mother's Day, I received a text from her. I have received many that I copy and save. I ponder them in my heart. I tape copies in my journal! Because this one was the best - to be cherished- I've decided to keep it's contents to myself! Sorry.... I will say that it affirmed my heart's desires and blessed me deeply. It made me want to measure up. 

Seeing clearly the fulfillment of Isaiah 60:21-22 in Madelyn's life - (see my post "The Least One") I called her on Mother's Day to thank her for the text and to share the testimony I shared with the Doughtys.  It's time I started telling the stories of all God has done in my life! 







1 comment:

Madelyn Boe said...

I love you so much! I could not have become this wise and learned how to love the Lord as much as I do if it wasn't for your guidance. You are a constant reminder of the woman I want to become one day. I hope that the Lord will bless me with the wonderful gifts He has given you. I love you!!! You most certainly are an example to me. <3
1 Peter 5 (KJV)
1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed: 2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind; 3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away. 5 Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.