Saturday, August 11, 2007

Squeezed In

We just moved into an apartment--a step along the way to moving across town and closer to our kids and grandkids. We are buying my daughter's house and will move in October or November when her new house is finished. The new place is more country, on three acres. It feels like a whole new life to us for many reasons. Not only will we be closer to family but also to church and friends. Ralph will retire there. We hope to be even more involved as grandparents. The timing coincides with me finishing my Christian Writers Guild course--this is the time I determined I would get serious about submitting articles and devotionals.
As I got rid of things and packed boxes, I pictured the 900 square foot apartment acting like a filter--squeezing my life into it and then out into our new place--our "new life." I determined not to put "stuff" into the new place that does not fit our new life. A neat thought, but this week I'm feeling the squeeze! I don't know how to act in this place! It's in a different part of town, so every errand is an adventure. Every task takes longer because I have to find everything. I had projects planned for this time: catch up on scrapbookking; catch up on reading; start a blog; send out a few articles I've written. I'm accomplishing a few of these, but, mostly, I'm drowning in clutter--which I thought I got rid of during the move. I don't know where to put anything!
My devotional in God Calling this morning says that God leads us out of darkness to light and out of disorder to order. Okay, Lord, I'm ready for some of that order. This give new meaning the to scripture "He brought me out into a spacious place. He rescued me." Psalm 18:19

1 comment:

jennifer said...

If it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way over here! Just a couple more months and we can all "settle". Believe me, it can't come soon enough.