Monday, August 27, 2007

Encouragement

This morning I read my daughter's blog. She told of a powerful sermon she heard yesterday about fulfilling your calling on earth. This encouraged her to continue to wait for the daughter they have applied to adopt from China. I am encouraged as a grandmother to fervently pray for this to come about and to pray for other children who will be adopted into our family. I will pray about the timing, the expense, the red tape, the birth parents, and the health and well-being of the babies. God will give us what we need to fulfill His purposes in our lives.

I am also encouraged to continue in what He has called me to do. I know my primary calling is to be the wife, mother, grandmother, and friend He wants me to be, but I also believe I am to write--really just to share what the Lord ministers to me. In addition to writing devotionals and maybe a few articles, I would like to help older people write their life stories and prepare ethical wills to leave to their children. I know how precious the handwritten life story my grandmother left is to me. An ethical will or spiritual legacy bequeaths values instead of valuables. It is a chance to say, "this is what mattered to me." I was getting a little discouraged and questioning my own calling, but Jennifer's blog this morning encouraged me.

No comments: