Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July



I've never been excited about the 4th of July. I only thought of picnics and fireworks,and it's always been too hot to enjoy them! This year I am excited. Our church offered an inspiring service -- the best in patriotic songs, testimonies from 4 members who had immigrated, and a time of serious prayer for our country to turn back to God. The immigrants told what being in America means to them. I was humbled and convicted by their words. I don't always remember to appreciate the freedom we enjoy. It's all I've known.

Then, I saw Jennifer's blog post with this picture. She said it it is always a joy to take Wesleigh to church. She talked about the church they visited in China--one that Wesleigh would never be allowed to attend had she stayed there. Tourists and visitors could attend but not Chinese citizens. How I appreciate that she is here with us to enjoy our freedoms!

We are closer to losing these freedoms than at any time in the 234 years of our history. Lord, remind us to pray for ALL in authority so that we may lead peaceful and quiet lives! I don't want to let Wesleigh down! She may not know now that she came here for freedom and because of freedom, but some day she will.

No comments: