Friday, October 12, 2007

The Daily Grind

This morning I read Galations 5:16

"Walk by the Spirit."

I had written in the margin of my Bible the definition of the Greek word for "walk"--peripateo. It means to "go on living--used of habitual conduct; signifies the whole round of activities of the individual life."

Most of life is lived in the routine. I tend to get bored with the routine. Housework, grocery shopping, cooking, errands, exercise. Maybe its called the round of activities because they have to be done again...and again...almost as soon as you finish them. I like to see progress--but the routine tasks may actually be the most important of my day--if I do them with a grateful heart. As as if I am doing them for the Lord.

"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Colossians 3:17

1 comment:

Deanna said...

As a stay at home mom I needed this, it's so hard to remember that we should do the mundane things with a grateful heart. Sooo... good, thanks.
Deanna